What is a Railing System?
A Railing System is a supportive structure that adds more emphasis to the outdoor style of your home. The style of your porch makes an impact on your home. With our selection of materials and specifications for our railing systems, you will not be disappointed for what we have to offer. Not only will you have the support to ensure the safety of your enclosed space but will also have an added design appeal that will make your property stand out from the rest.
Types of Railing Systems
Our Railing Systems are made from structural aluminum alloy in 5×5 inch cast aluminum base. Although the standard height for our systems is between 36-inches to 42-inches, our systems are customizable to fit any height you envision for your space.
Additionally, our selection offers a variety of post sizes, ranging from 1×1.5 inches to 3×3 inches and 4×4 inches as larger options. Keep in mind, depending on if you are looking to use the railing system on a second-story porch or enclosure, we will typically recommend a 3×3 or 4×4 post.
How are Railing Systems Mounted?
With any of our railing systems, they can be mounted on wood or any decking material, especially if you have a concrete patio.
Typically, our railing systems are mounted on surface mounts, meaning they sit on top of your desired structure. However, our railing systems may also be placed on fascia mounts, which require custom brackets to help fully support the structure. Fascia mounts are placed on the side of the structure to utilize the bigger space if that is your preference. Fascia mounts are recommended if you prefer to have the railing system inside or outside your porch enclosures or screened-in porches, which will be placed on the inside or outside of that room. If you normally have drop-offs within that same area, the railing system can be installed inside to ensure safety for everyone who enjoys the space.
Now, what if you already have pre-existing posts? No problem! Our team will just install the railings to the existing structure.
Along with colors and hand railing options, our team offers a variety of picket choices as well so you can select the best option for what you envision. Our selection includes:
- A Traditional style, which showcases a straighter and sophisticated look. There is a double bar option for the traditional style, where you will have the option to add a ring between the double bar, as well as some decorative collars, taking the space to a whole new level of style.
- A Belly style, which shows off a rounder and curvier look.
- A Double Bar style, which is also an option with the Belly look, has a bar going straight across the glass pane of the railing. This style adds more décor, giving it an added emphasis to the space.
The traditional picket styles come in 2 different sizes, including a ¾ inch by ¾ inch, and 1 ¼ by 3 ¼ inch sizes. Whether if you are looking for something a little thinner or wider, our team have endless options for you to fully customize your railing system and make it what you want.
Tempered Glass Selection
Similar to our Picket options, we do offer tempered glass options for our railing systems to add a more stabilized support structure. Our options include:
- A Glass Railing, which is 5 millimeters thick tempered glass. It comes prepared in the frame structure overall.
- A Topless Railing, which is 10 millimeters thick tempered glass. This is mainly recommended for clients who prefer a seamless look from top to bottom.
With both of these options, you have the choice to select a clearer look or a tinted finish. Normally, if you go with the topless railing, we recommend a clear look so you can fully enjoy the view through the glass finish.
For all of our railing systems, each post comes with ABC covers for the bottom and top caps to ensure your space and the railing system are protected. Each railing system comes in a recommended variation of colors, including:
These color options provide neutral tones that will compliment any space while still adding a fresh look to the room.
Hand Railing Selection
Our railing systems come with different designs for the hand railings. These options include:
- A Colonial Style, which showcases a rounder, slender look for the space.
- A Traditional Standard, which represents a more squared-off look, but a simple look.
- A Modern look, which adds a sleek and fresh appearance to the décor and shape.
No matter which style you choose, our team will provide insight on what would be the best fit for the space you are creating.
Don’t Know What to Pick?
We do not expect you to know exactly what you want, which is why we are here to help narrow down your options and choose the best railing system for your space. We are confident that you will picket the right choice for you.